The fitness industry is booming. Rising healthcare costs, an increased desire for healthy foods, and wearable fitness technology all contribute to the rise. But so does the rise in affordable gym equipment like Powerblock Elite Dumbbells.
Many people opt for cost-effective home gym options rather than crowded gyms with pricey memberships. Additionally, many people recognize the benefits of a dependable set of dumbbells. But oftentimes dumbbell sets can be expensive and take up a lot of space.
Enter adjustable dumbbells like the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells.
These sleek, space-saving, and cost-effective free weights can improve anyone’s home gym.
Overview of Powerblock Elite Dumbbells
For years, fitness enthusiasts have depended on traditional dumbbells. Many people love the wide range of ways dumbbells can strengthen different muscle groups. However, traditional dumbbells are often pricey and space-consuming.
Additionally, traditional dumbbells can require additional costs and space of racks and other storage systems.
Here is where adjustable dumbbells, like the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells, are different.
With the purchase of adjustable dumbbells, you eliminate, on average, a dozen traditional dumbbell sets. That means you save money and space by purchasing just one product.
So, how do adjustable dumbbells work? Instead of replacing one set of dumbbells and exchanging it for another, you simply make an adjustment with systems like the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells.
With many adjustable dumbbells out there, the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells stand out above the rest. Powerblock blazoned the way for adjustable dumbbell systems, becoming the first fitness manufacturer to offer this product to consumers.
Powerblock Elite Dumbbells are a set of adjustable, free weight dumbbells that would make a cost-effective and space-saving addition to any fitness lover’s gym.
Product specifications for Powerblock Elite Dumbbells
All gym enthusiasts, entry-level to professional, should consider the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells.
These dumbbells earned positive reviews from customers and boast a weight range of 5 to 70 pounds per dumbbell. Also, you can purchase expansion packs, which would add up to another 40 pounds per dumbbell. Should you purchase the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells, you can replace up to 28 pairs of traditional dumbbells.
The Powerblock Elite Dumbbells are made of steel plates encased in durable plastic. You can easily adjust your preferred weight using its color-coded dial lock system. Also, the locks feature “open” and “closed” positions, so you can feel safe knowing your weights will stay put when exercising.
Finally, the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells come with a second-to-none 10-year warranty.
- Sleek design with bright colors to differentiate between weights
- Comfortable handles made of ergonomic rubber
- Dependable, durable steel and plastic composition
- Safe locking system for weights
- Replaces 28 sets of traditional dumbbells
- 10-year warranty
- New users may take some time adjusting to its box shape
- Those with large hands may find the gripping space limited
- No dial system for adjusting weights like some competitors
How We Reviewed the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells
Much time and research went into determining the quality of Powerblock Elite Dumbbells. Additionally, equal amounts of time and research were spent exploring comparable products.
To fully understand the options available, we visited manufacturer websites, including Powerblock, Bowflex, and Core Fitness. These websites were most helpful in understanding product specifications.
Additionally, we spent a great deal of time reading professional reviews. These publications assisted in listing the top-recommended adjustable dumbbells. Similarly, other professional reviews examined Powerblock Elite Dumbbells specifically.
Finally, Amazon offers relevant information not only in terms of product specifications, but from a customer’s perspective. Amazon shares both customer ratings and reviews that helped determine the quality of adjustable dumbbell systems.
Next came the task of seeing how other products compare to the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells.
How the Others Stack Up
Though Powerblock was the first to offer adjustable dumbbells, it is no longer the only company to do so. Here are three leading competitors in no particular order.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells
- Use the Bowflex SelectTech App to journal your strength training
- Space efficient - say goodbye to 17 sets of dumbbells
- Select the weight you want with a turn of a dial
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 10 pounds to 90 pounds
- Durable molding around metal plates provides for a smooth lift-off and quieter workouts
The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells is another adjustable dumbbell option for fitness enthusiasts.
The Bowflex dumbbells range from 10 to 90 pounds per dumbbell, moving in 5-pound increments. You can adjust the weights on each side with a convenient dial system. Additionally, the Bowflex saves space by replacing 17 sets of dumbbells and comes backed with a 3-year warranty. For an additional cost, you can purchase a 5-year protection plan if desired.
- Dial adjuster to modify weights
- Replaces 17 sets of traditional dumbbells
- Less boxy and more aesthetically pleasing than the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells
- Warranty is not as strong as the Powerblock but is better than most
- High cost
- Customers claim dial malfunctions after one or two years
Merax Adjustable Dumbbells
- Each dumbbell adjust from 11 lbs to 71.5 lbs in 5.5 lb increments.
- With the unique dial system, you can rapidly switch from one exercise to the next.
- Combines 12 sets of weights into one offering versatile workout for your whole body.
- With one Adjustable Dial Dumbbell, there is no need for buying other dumbbells, which can save a lot of space for your home gym.
- Worldwide Two Year Warranty. Shipped in multiple packages, may arrive at different time. Merax dumbbell is measured by kg.
Another adjustable dumbbell system is the Merax Adjustable Dumbbells. This product earned a good amount of positive reviews from customers and can replace 12 sets of traditional dumbbells.
The Merax dumbbells range from 11 to 71.5 pounds each and can be moved in 5.5-pound increments. Also, its handle is designed to be anti-skid and contoured for comfort and safety.
Finally, the Merax comes with a 2-year warranty and a grooved tray to help safely store your Merax Adjustable Dumbbells.
- Replaces 12 sets of dumbbells
- Comes with a grooved tray for convenient storage
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Comfortable, safe handle
- 11-pound minimum weight (most dumbbells have a 5-pound minimum)
- Comparatively short warranty
Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells
- Your purchase includes One Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set (2), two cradles and an exercise guide. 2 Year Parts Warranty
- Dumbbell only dimensions (each): 14.5" L x 7.9” W x 7.2" H | Assembled dimensions (stand with dumbbells) – 22” L x 33.5” W x 31.9" H | Each dumbbell Weight: 50 lbs. | Weight adjustments – 5lbs to 50lbs per DB
- Quick-change weight adjustments with Twist Lock technology. Allows you to change weight setting with one hand. Set dumbbell in cradle, twist the handle and weight changes quickly and safely
- Contoured, textured and soft grip handle design provides comfortable and secure grip control. Do not use abrasive cleaners or petroleum-based solvents to clean equipment
- Compact design allows you to store and use dumbbells anywhere while still getting the true dumbbell feel
Finally, we have the Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells. Unlike other adjustable dumbbells, the Core Fitness comes with TwistLock technology. Instead of a dial to adjust weights, you have a twist handle that can be operated using just one hand. Those weights adjust anywhere from 5 to 50 pounds in 5-pound increments.
Additionally, the Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells are made of steel with plastic coating for more durability. Its handle is soft and contoured for comfort and grip. Also, the Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells come with cradles for storage and a 2-year warranty.
- Durable steel and plastic composition
- Traditional dumbbell appearance
- Replaces 10 sets of dumbbells
- Cradles included
- No ability to use off-set weights
- Relatively limited warranty
Concluding Thoughts on the Dumbbells and Whistles
Given the cost, materials, and features, the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells are hard to beat. Powerblock Elite Dumbbells are similarly priced to competitors’ products in this review. Also, its materials and features are similar.
Where the Powerblock Elite Dumbbells excel, however, is in their customer satisfaction and warranty. Novice and professional gym owners alike love Powerblock Elite Dumbbells. Also, the 10-year warranty is second-to-none in the industry.
So, what do you think? Which adjustable dumbbell system are you adding to your home gym? Comment below!