One out of five Americans heads to the gym. But why should you spend money on a gym membership if you can have a home gym? If you’re thinking about switching your workout game to your home, then you’ll need an all-in-one bodyweight tool. And you may have heard of the Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower.
Whether you prefer bodyweight exercises or you like fitting in bodyweight with your workout routine, it’s essential to have a sturdy power tower to use for your pull-ups and dips.
With so many power towers on the market, it’s hard to select the best equipment for your gym.
But is the Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower really worth it?
What Is the Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower?
- Vertical Knee Raise Station; Step up and discover your inner 6 pack with this comfortable Vertical Knee Raise station
- Push Up Station; Get the most out of your push up workout with these padded, push up hand grips
- Multi Grip Pull Up Station; Get a grip wide, narrow, side to side and build better, stronger arms with this Multi Grip Pull Up Station
- Dip Station; Build triceps, chest and shoulder muscles along with incredible upper body strength
The Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower is an exercise platform meant to improve strength using bodyweight.
The tower is 84 inches tall and 41 inches wide, perfect for those of all sizes. You can work the upper body and abs, and this power tower offers a range of different exercises.
This power tower is made for a beginner and intermediate levels, though advanced fitness experts will also find amazing use out of this power tower.
Features of the Power Rack
One of the best features of this power tower is the quality and detail. The power tower is sturdy and that’s because of its weight — the tower weighs 95 pounds and is ideal for the smallest and even the biggest user.
It’s also very comfortable for the user. The back and armrests are comfortable and the hand rests and handles are easy to grab and hold on to. They’re also a good distance apart so you’re not stretching your arms extremely far.
As stated previously, this power tower is very tall. What if you’re short? You can easily climb up the tower using the step-up and footrests.
That helps ensure your workouts are not only effective but you’re also safe using this power tower.
Keep in mind, this power tower isn’t ideal for lower body workouts. That’s because of its design and placement of the handles, armrest, and backrest.
However, there are plenty of upper body and ab exercises you can do. These exercises can help you improve your upper body and core strength and can help you lose weight.
The power tower has a dip station that’s low enough for pushups. This area is also perfect for core workouts such as planks.
If you want to focus on your core, climb up to the handles and perform some knee raises. The height is also perfect for pullups and chin-ups.
How We Reviewed This Power Rack
We took safety and ergonomics into consideration as well as popularity and price. Gold’s Gym is an iconic brand with decades worth of creating gym and fitness equipment. We also took user size, expertise, and size and weight into consideration.
Finally, we compared it with other products to see if it could hold its own.
How Does Gold’s Gym Power Rack Compare to Other Brands?
Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower isn’t the only power tower that assists with bodyweight exercises. Want a few more recommendations? Let’s see how the Gold’s Gym Power Tower compares with other brands.
K KiNGKANG Adjustable Power Rack
- STABILITY: U style base, extended to 1.3M with suction-cup non-slip foot sets, connected with two cross-bars, unparalleled safe and stable
- MULTI-FUNCTION: Use for horizontal bar and parallel bars pull-ups and leg push-ups, forearm flexion, push-ups and so on
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Humanized design with back cushion and elbow pads, protect your spine during exercising; Updated version: Use canvas instead of PU surface to make it non-slip and practical
- SIZE: Six Heights Available: 51.2"(L)x 35.4"(W)x (64.96"- 92.52")(H), Padded Back:11.8"x 8.6", Arm Cushions:7.8"x 3.5"
The first benefit of the K KiNGKANG Power Rack is it’s adjustable. The power rack has six different positions and can accommodate even more exercises, including leg exercises. There’s even an area to attach a barbell.
This power rack is also lighter. However, at almost 93 inches, it is taller than the Gold Gym’s Power Tower.
Body Champ VKR 1010 Multi-Function Power Rack
- VERSATILE DIP STAND: The 4-station VKR Power Tower takes exercise back to the basics. Use it for vertical knee and leg raises, as a dip station, as a lat/pull-up bar, or as push-up bars. You'll have enough workout options to tone your entire body.
- TONE MUSCLES: With so many different workout possibilities, you'll be able to easily do strength training, targeting specific muscle groups without the need for weights. Tone your shoulders, biceps, chest, legs, and even abdominal muscles.
- NO WEIGHTS REQUIRED: Once you have this at-home fitness equipment set up, you'll be able to work out and circuit train easily without anything extra. Now you can easily build muscle and increase definition without purchasing expensive weights.
- STURDY DESIGN: We designed this standing power tower with an H-frame base for enhanced stability so the user can perform exercises on either side. It also has 2 arched stability bars to make the steel frame sturdy. It measures 55" x 41" x 83".
- PERFECT FOR HOME: The Body Champ VKR Power Tower is perfect for use in a home gym, even if you have limited space. We offer this useful stand at a more affordable price than similar products that offer the same or fewer features.
The Body Champ VKR 1010 Power Rack is about the same size and height as the Gold’s Gym Power Tower.
It’s slightly lighter — 88 pounds instead of Gold Gym’s Power Tower’s 95 pounds. However, users reported it’s not as sturdy and can’t support users of larger weights.
Weider Power Tower
- Please Note: Weider is the only manufacturer and is the only authorized seller for this product on this marketplace. We do not quality, authenticity, or size if purchased from other sellers.
The main advantage of Weider’s Power Tower is the additional calf raise station. This area allows you to work your lower leg muscles, which the Gold’s Gym Power Tower doesn’t offer. But the Weider Power Tower is also high-quality and sturdy.
However, the Weider Power Tower received a vibe among customers, the lowest of the other products mentioned here.
Is Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower Worth It?
If you’re an intermediate fitness buff, you’ll be very pleased with the Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower. Those new to fitness or bodyweight workouts will also find this power tower easy to use.
Advanced fitness experts may not find this power tower caters to their needs but it is still a good option if they’re looking for a simple bodyweight tower.
This power tower is high-quality, comfortable to use, sturdy, and is ideal for users of all sizes. The only downside is the size, so ensure your home gym can accommodate the size of this tower before purchasing.
Overall, the Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower is a great product for all fitness buffs. No, it doesn’t offer as much as some of the competitors. But it is a better option for those looking for versatility and quality.
Do you agree with our review? Feel free to leave a comment and discuss your experience with the Gold’s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower!