In recent years, more people than ever are starting to get into weightlifting. Physical health has become increasingly important to people with the rise of social media apps like Instagram. Having the best wrist wraps will help you stay safe while you stay healthy.
Training with the best wrist wraps undoubtedly has benefits, but most people aren’t necessarily familiar with them. Because of this, it’s natural for you to ask yourself if you need them.
Do You Need Wrist Wraps?
The short answer is yes; even if you don’t experience pain with your workout, they can still serve a vital function.
Wrists straps are an excellent addition to any workout routine. Even if you’re not doing anything particularly heavy or stressful, wrapping your wrists will enhance your workout and enable you to work out for more extended periods.
How most people use them
The place you’re most likely to find the best wrist wraps is in a gym. Mainly, you’ll find them in the weight room. Most people use wrist wraps when they’re lifting, planking, or using a kettlebell.
Though you don’t need them for more manageable weights in workouts where the weights don’t go over your head, you should still use them for dumbbells.
You will find that you don’t need to wear wrist wraps when you’re doing lifts that aren’t too high intensity or over your head. Since you’re not going to be bending your wrist back to get the bar over your head, you’ll be able to maintain a better posture to avoid aches and pains.
You also don’t need them for cardio because there are regular sweatbands that work better.
What wrist wraps do
The best wrist wraps can be your best friend during a workout. Wrist wraps are there to help your wrists stay in place while you move. Stability will help you go for longer, train harder, and feel better.
When you’re working out, you may find yourself experiencing joint pain or cramps that make it hard to keep going. Your problem could be that you’re not getting enough compression, so your blood isn’t flowing as it should be, or it could be lousy wrist posture that’s causing aches and pains.
The best wrist wraps will help with all of it.
When to buy the best wrist wraps
The best time to buy the best wrist wraps is before you start a long-term workout routine. That way, you’re used to having them on from the start and won’t become a distraction after you’ve been exercising for weeks or months already.
If it’s too late for that, the best time to buy the best wrist wraps is as soon as you notice the workouts getting harder and more intense.
If the weights are getting heavier and you find yourself needing to take more breaks, you should consider that your wrists might need a break, too.
Wrist Wraps vs. Wrist Straps
To someone untrained in the world of strength training, wrist wraps and wrists straps will seem incredibly similar. While they do have some similarities, wrist wraps and wrist straps have different purposes. Both can be equally useful in your routine.
Wrist straps are there to strap the weights to your hands. Instead of a roll of a stiffer material, wrist straps come in a roll of ribbon-like durable material that straps the weights to your hands.
When you’re lifting weights, these will help secure them to your hands to prevent mishaps.
Wrist straps are not geared toward anything other than security for the weights. They don’t provide any wrist support. In addition, these are considered like training wheels for people who couldn’t lift weights on their own and instead needed assistance.
Wrist wraps do the opposite. They support the wrists but have no strap-like structures to hold the weights in place. These are where you should look for support and compression during your training.
Though many people choose to use wrist wraps to help them train, they don’t help in the same way wrist straps do. Wraps will help you prevent damage and pain, while straps help with the actual lift.
How We Chose the Best Wrist Wraps
When you’re looking for the best wrist wraps, there are a lot of factors to consider. Our review process considers as many of them as possible to find the best wrist wraps for you.
First, we looked at the material of the wraps. It’s important that they wick away moisture and prevent chafing while being elastic enough to move with you as you train.
Next, we looked at the reviews. The best wrist wraps are going to reflect that way; we only chose to further consider wraps with reviews of 4.0 stars or above on Amazon. We also tried to incorporate professional reviews or YouTube videos about the product as often as possible.
After that, we considered sizing. Different sized wrist wraps have different purposes; larger ones add compression while smaller ones are more for regular support. A range of sizes will let you choose what you prefer.
One thing we also took into account, just as a bonus, was whether or not there are several options for color. That’s not a deal-breaker, but wrist wraps available in a variety of colors shouldn’t be overlooked. To some people, aesthetics are everything — even when you train.
The 9 Best Wrist Wraps
The wrist wraps below are the ones that met all or at least most of our criteria. The best wrist wraps vary from person to person, but these nine options are great starters and may even end up being the best wrist wraps for you.
1. Rip Toned Wrist Wraps
- STABILIZE YOUR WRISTS & LIFT MORE WEIGHT OR WE’LL SEND YOUR MONEY BACK! - If you don’t love your wrist wraps, return them. Order now and try them risk free. You’ll literally wonder how you ever worked out without them. These high performance straps provide wrist support and stability for weightlifters, Crossfit, MMA, Powerlifting, push ups, planks, burpees & strength training. Boost your workout performance for more challenging advanced lifts and gym routines.
- BEST HEAVY DUTY 18” WRIST WRAP (PAIR) The only weightlifting wraps endorsed by 2014 World Champion Powerlifter Kevin Weiss & As Seen on CBS, FOX, NBC & ABC! Eliminate failed lifts & protect your wrist joints from injury during heavy or max lifts. The top grade wraps with premium stitching and high end durable extra wide velcro are fully adjustable & machine washable. The wraps ROCK it for any pressing movements and overhead lifts
- PERFECT WRIST PROTECTORS FOR MEN OR WOMEN, XFIT, WOD & BODYBUILDING. Hit new PR’s in shrugs, bench press, cleans, jerks, overhead or shoulder press. Mostly eliminate pain & discomfort by securing the wrist in a neutral position. Backed by a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee. Order now and receive in a follow up email a Free Exclusive Bonus Report - Buy 2... One For You and One For Your Work Out Partner.
- YOUR WRIST PAIN IS HOLDING YOU BACK! HIT YOUR FITNESS GOALS FASTER - Order yours; The strong reinforced thumb loops keep the wrap in place on your hand and wrist no matter the lift. So whether you’re recovering from an injury or pushing yourself to the limit, the wraps will brace your wrists and protect them from further injury. A set of Rip Toned wraps is an essential fitness accessory.
- IMPORTANT** - STIFF VERSION are VERY STIFF & recommended for heavy lifting & allow very little flexibility. For less aggressive exercises the **MEDIUM STIFF VERSION still provide excellent support, are more comfortable & allows wrist flexibility.** -With your new set of wraps, you’ll throw up the most reps with the most weight of your life! Build strength evenly and optimum muscle appearance. Best wrist wraps on Amazon.
Rip Toned Wrist Wraps are endorsed by a man named Kevin Weiss, who is a champion weight lifter. You can find a video below of Weiss using the Rip Toned Wrist Wraps in real-time.
These wraps are available in a wide variety of colors, and they’re machine washable. Rip Toned Wrist Wraps are a favorite among the customers. Though there are a lot of colors to choose from, there are no size choices. The wraps come 18 inches long, and they adjust to fit your wrists. If your wrists are on the smaller side and you’re not in the mood for large amounts of compression, these might not be the best wrist wraps for you.
2. WOD Wear Wrist Wraps
- STYLISH PROTECTION! EXCELLENT ATHLETIC TAPE REPLACEMENT Prevent wrist strain from common exercises: Front Squat, Clean and Jerk, Snatch, Press, Push Press, Split Jerk, Handstand, HSPU, Cartwheel, Back handspring, Turkish Get-up, all kettlebell work, and much more. WOD Wear wrist wraps are easily adjustable... with a simple left or right twist, you can adjust the tightness of the wrap depending on the task at hand right in the middle of your workout!
- INCREASE LIFTS AND GET MORE PRS! Lift more weight while protecting your valuable wrist cartilage from overuse injuries. Look good while training better and safer. What's better than that? PERFECT FOR MULTIPLE SPORTS! Great for many training styles: Yoga, Weightlifting, Powerlifters, Breakdancers, Gymnasts, and just about any sport or training method that uses the hands.
- PRE-SHRUNK, DOUBLE BONDED, HIGHER QUALITY THAN THE REST! Double layered and made of heavy duty cotton with reinforced stitching. They will last through many workouts. Easy to wash; just pop them in your washing machine with a load of colors! You get one pair of pre-washed and pre-shrunk wrist wraps (2 wraps). Male and Female: one size fits all.
- COMPLETE SATISFACTION BACKED GUARANTEE! WOD Wear wrist wraps are backed by our WOD Wear 100% satisfaction, no-questions-asked, return for any reason whatsoever within 60 days, money-back guarantee! If WOD Wear Wrist Wraps don't exceed your expectations, you get your money back. Period.
- BUNDLE DISCOUNTS! Buy more WOD Fitness Products and save! Buy 2 and save 10%, buy 3 and save 15%, buy 4 and save 20%, buy 5 and save 25%!
WOD Wear Wrist Wraps are made of cotton, have reinforced seams, and come in several colors. Unlike some of the other options, these wraps have fastening straps instead of velcro. In addition to all of that, the WOD Wear Wrist Straps are machine washable.
Because they’re cotton, you may experience some chafing and uncomfortable moisture during your workout.
There are also no sizing choices. However, Customers didn’t seem to mind too much.
3. Gymreapers Strength Wrist Wraps
- ELIMINATE WRIST STRAIN & GET RID OF ATHLETIC TAPE - It's exhausting constantly needing to tape and retape your wrists when training for stability and support. Quickly improve wrist strength with our adjustable 36" wrist wraps.
- BOOST YOUR LIFTS & HIT YOUR NEXT PR - Lift with confidence when training. Whether you're power cleaning, snatching, hitting a heavy jerk/push press or needing extra support through a tough WOD these will provide the durable wrist brace you need for hitting PR's.
- DURABLE, STRONG, TESTED WRAPS FOR STRENGTH - Notice a difference in support, comfort, and aesthetics with our strength training wrist wraps. We've focused on compounding quality materials with reinforced stitching for the best adjustable wrist wrap.
- PERFECT FOR WOD, COMPOUND MOVEMENTS, & TRAINING SESSIONS - When you're quickly moving through a WOD, go from heavy clean and jerks directly to muscle ups or toes to bar by adjusting the tightness and support of the wraps without losing range of motion.
- GYMREAPERS LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE - Gymreapers stands behind our weightlifting equipment and accessories and we’re so confident you’ll love our premium grade adjustable wrist wraps if you have any issues at all we’ll send you a new pair at no cost to you. Just contact us and we will get you taken care of 100%. Join the Gymreapers movement today.
Gymreapers Strength Wrist Wraps are available in a few colors, though they’re mostly neutral. These wraps have reinforced stitching to make sure that the elastic won’t snap and the seams won’t split.
There’s no option for size with these wraps, though. The wraps are 36 inches long, so when you use them, they’ll be bulkier and add compression. If those are things you’re not looking for, these may not be the best wrist wraps for you.Buy on Amazon
4. INNSTAR Wrist Wraps
- ★INNSTAR Flexible & Medium Stiff Wrist Wraps offer a comfortable wrap for general training and exercises where some wrist flexion is desirable. If you are not play in the competition, I recommend you this one, it's sufficiently supportive for the average lifter's heavy pressing.
- ★PROFESSIONAL HEAVY DUTY WRIST STRAPS - Proprietary wide elastics developed and manufactured specifically for wrist support, heavy duty thumb loop, specially manufactured alongside the main wide elastic, the top level Velcro straps are wide for strength and long for generous adjustment advantage.
- ★PERFECT FOR - INNSTAR wrist wraps designed for Bodybuilding, Weight lifting, Cross Fitness, Strongman, Powerlifting, Cross Training, Gym, workout.
- ★PACKAGE INCLUDED - It come with instructions +1 pair wrist wraps + carry bag. So you will know how to put your wrist wraps better and you will have a bag to take a good care of your heavy duty wrist wraps.
- ★ZERO RISK - We're so confident in the quality of our weight lifting wrist wraps, so we have a LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS policy which means that is your last time to order the wrist wraps!
INNSTAR Wrist Wraps are some of the best wrist wraps on the market. They come in a variety of sizes, meaning you won’t have to sacrifice compression and you won’t have to have it if you don’t want it.
These wraps are also popular, making them a favorite among customers.
Though they’re only available in one color, these wrist wraps are not to be doubted. They’re made of adjustable nylon elastic and high-quality velcro to keep your wraps from chafing and slipping during your reps.
INNSTAR demonstrated just how easy it is to put on their wrist wraps in a short 27-second tutorial that you can find below.
5. MANIMAL Wrist Wraps
- GET STRONGER, FASTER - Our pro-quality wrist wraps for men & women deliver superior support, durability and style so you can eliminate pain in your wrists, and get WAY more from your workouts by training harder, for longer.
- BUILT TO WITHSTAND UP TO 3 YEARS OF DAILY USE - Forget cheap weight lifting straps that are poorly made and need replacing within 3 months! MANIMAL wrist straps are made from the highest quality materials and have been specially designed to last for up to 3 years of daily use.
- LOVED BY OUR CUSTOMERS & PRO ATHLETES - Join thousands of customers and many champions of Weightlifting, Crossfit, Powerlifting, Bodybuilding & Strongman who trust in the superior quality, support and durability of MANIMAL wrist guards.
- PUSH YOURSELF HARDER WITH ENHANCED PERFORMANCE - Our versatile gym wrist wraps are designed to help you lift more weight, train pain free and rep out more in every session. Simply tighten your strap for more support, or loosen for more mobility!
- MADE BY EXPERT TRAINERS - Designed by strength & conditioning coaches in the USA, our pro wrist wrap has given athletes the best solution for wrist support on the market. MANIMAL is also a socially conscious company. Each pair supports a different charity.
MANIMAL Wrist Wraps are available in a couple of different color choices. They’re durable and adjustable to fit any part of your workout.
The MANIMAL Wrist Wraps only come in one size. Though it will fit, it might not give you the compression you’re looking for. These are one of the pricier options, but they make up for it with high quality and dependability.
6. Gladiator Gym Gear Weight Lifting Wrist Wraps with Thumb Loops
- ESSENTIAL WEIGHT LIFTING EQUIPMENT: Premium Quality Wrist Wrap Built for comfort and stability during exercise. gym wraps are made from cotton, elastic and polyester that absorbs excess moisture without irritating the skin, these lifting straps will last a lifetime, support you to lift heavy weights.
- PERFECT FIT WRIST WRAPS FOR WOMEN OR MEN: A strong industrial hook closure reinforced seams and clean workmanship makes the wrist supports very durable and reliable. The 18" length and 3" width sizing plus stretchy thumb loop allows for lots of adjustment, providing you with a perfect fit, no matter how small or big your wrist size.
- IMPROVED LIFTING SUPPORT ROBUST & STABILITY: - Our lifting wrist wraps for men women Improve your weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, MMA and CrossFit techniques with secure, comfort-fit wrist wraps. Support and strengthen your wrist to prevent sudden twists.
- GET YOUR LOOK: — G3 Wrist Wraps come in a variety of colours option Currently With 9 different colour combinations to choose from, you’re spoiled for choice. Our gym wrist straps are the pair (2 wraps) of G3 Wrist Wraps will brace your wrists with protection whether recovering from injury or maxing out your PR.
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We look for your comfort and easiness with our best designed wrist braces. Gladiator Gym Gear always looking for best quality products and our Professional Customer Service guarantees your satisfaction.
Gladiator Gym Gear Weight Lifting Wrist Wraps with Thumb Loops have a long name and a long list of positive attributes.
They’re available in several colors to match any outfit or gym bag, and they’re made of durable elastic material. No snapping, fraying or slipping in the middle of your set.
Unfortunately, these wraps are only available in one size. Though the size may fit everybody, some people enjoy larger wraps for more compression. The cotton material is soft and will be comfortable, but it could cause chafing or a rash if used for too long.
This product has been reviewed by YouTubers, so you’ll be able to see the product work in real life.
7. Stoic Wrist Wraps
- HIGHEST GRADE, HEAVIEST DUTY - Built to outlast other wrist wraps on the market using high grade nylon materials instead of cotton or other cheap materials. Tested to perform in the most extreme conditions. Our wrist wraps are Guaranteed to outperform and out-last even the most expensive wraps on the market.
- TRUE 36" LENGTH (We don’t count the hook and loop like other brands) - This means higher levels of tightness adjustability and more support when you need it compared to shorter wraps. This length is also not too long, making the wrapping process quick and not cumbersome.
- PROPRIETARY HEAVY DUTY ELASTIC - Gives superior levels of support to immobilize the wrist when necessary; yet can also be wrapped lightly to allow freedom of movement in the wrist joint - while still giving support with less restriction of blood flow when compared to more stretchy wraps. Doesn’t turn overly soft or stretchy.
- BEEFY 1/2” THUMB LOOP & TOP GRADE 2” HOOK and LOOP - Thumb loop lasts longer, doesn’t fray and snap. Each wrap has a designated Right & Left hand for symmetrical wrapping. Our top grade hook and loop secures strong, and doesn't pop loose mid set. We double zig-zag stitch our hook and loop, ensuring it doesn’t tear from the elastic.
- 5 STAR EXPERIENCE GUARANTEE - We’re confident you’ll absolutely love our wrist wraps - or any of our other products! If somehow you aren’t 100% satisfied, just contact us!
Stoic Wrist Wraps are made of durable nylon material and high-quality velcro straps. They’ll wick away moisture to avoid chafing while still staying tight to your wrist for maximum support.
The thumb loop is thicker to prevent the snapping and fraying that seems to be a problem with a lot of wraps on the market.
Though Stoic offers these wrist wraps in a few sizes, there are no alternate color choices. These wrist wraps are also not recommended for machine washing. Despite that, customers raved about them.
To see a video of the Stoic Wrist Wraps in action, watch below. There is also a close up of the actual product, so you can get an idea of the material.
8. Bear Grips Wrist Wraps
Bear Grips Wrist Wraps are available in a few different color choices and sizes. They’re also adjustable, complete with wide velcro straps to hold them in place. Customers loved the wrist wraps.
Bear Grips themselves provide an instructional video on how to use their wrist wraps. You’ll be able to check out how they work and see the product’s staying power in action.
If you like to add compression, you can purchase bigger sizes to wrap them around your wrists multiple times. However, this can make them bulkier. They may be harder to use with gloves than their competitors.
9. Anvil Fitness Weightlifting Wrist Wraps
- WEIGHTLIFTING STRAPS SUPPORT YOUR WRISTS - High quality elastic material supports wrists through entire range of movement. Compatible with most exercise gloves.
- WRIST WRAPS IMPROVE WORKOUTS - Eliminate wrist pain due to weightlifting and power lifting, lift harder and longer with wrist brace
- WRIST GUARDS HELP YOU LIFT MORE WEIGHT - Lift more, safely with wrist support brace bands
- ADJUSTABLE WRIST SUPPORT- Amount of support is adjustable, dial in the right amount for you! Thumb loop makes them easy to put on and fast to re-adjust during your workout.
- LIFTING STRAPS SOLD AS A PAIR (2 WRIST WRAPS) - 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Anvil Fitness products are built tough. Compare to rogue, nike, schiek, altus, inzer, eleiko, olympiada. If, however, you aren't completely satisfied with any of our products you'll get every penny refunded to you, no questions asked. Anvil Fitness is 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.
Anvil Fitness Weightlifting Wrist Wraps are an excellent option as the best wrist wraps. The company boasts that their wraps are fully adjustable.
The wrist wraps are made of a durable material that is accompanied by strong velcro that makes it easy to adjust the straps to fit almost any wrist. The only thing that could bring these wraps down a peg is the lack of color choices, though that doesn’t matter to everybody.Buy on Amazon
Look out for Your Whole Body
Having wrist wraps is vital to protect yourself during exercise, but it’s also essential to make sure the rest of your body is good, too. You need to be sure you have the proper shoes and are doing the exercises that are appropriate for you.
If you’re doing more than you can handle, the best wrist wraps in the world aren’t going to be of much use to you.
Knee sleeves, good shoes, and a clear head are essential to successful training. Don’t train without bringing water with you, and stop as soon as you feel you need a break.
Pay attention to your reps and make sure to take breaks and listen to your body.
Weigh Your Options
When you’re looking for the best wrist wraps, it’s important to weigh your options based on your needs and wants. The best wrist wraps for you and the best wrist wraps for somebody else could be completely different, and getting the wrong ones could hurt your routine.
Know what you want and what your method is before you make a decision, or your once great exercise routine could become nothing more than dead weight.
Are you going to purchase the best wrist wraps? Do you already have them? Let us know!