There are two types of lifters at the gym: those who wear the best weight lifting gloves and those who don’t. It’s really just a personal choice, but there are many benefits to using gloves. Weight lifting is about strengthening your body and improving your overall health. But you don’t have to sacrifice your hands to do it.
To avoid a build-up of sweat on your hands, to avoid injury, and to get a great grip, it’s essential to wear the best weight lifting gloves. Getting the right fit is crucial to finding the right pair. You want the glove to be tight enough on your hand that it doesn’t move around. To get the correct fit make sure that you use the sizing chart or try them on before you buy.
Editor’s Picks: 5 Best Weight Lifting Gloves
So Why Do I Need the Best Weight Lifting Gloves?
Whether or not you wear weight lifting gloves is a matter of personal preference. Some people swear by them and wouldn’t think of lifting weights without them. But others complain that the gloves interfere with their workouts. Personally, I always wear gloves when I lift. Here’s why I think that you should too. There are several benefits to wearing weight lifting gloves.
Getting a grip
First of all, weight lifting gloves will improve your grip and your grip strength. Without gloves your hands get sweaty. That makes it tough to grip the weights or pull-up bar. It could even become dangerous, especially when you’re holding heavy weights above your body. Gloves make gripping much easier. They also make your workout safer.
The aesthetic and practicality
Arguably the best reason to wear lifting gloves is to protect your hands from blisters and calluses. Even if you don’t mind rough hands, a blister halfway through your workout can ruin your whole session. You won’t get blisters or calluses if you wear gloves.
Doing the heavy lifting
Another great feature of most of the best weight lifting gloves is that they offer wrist support. That can be a big help when you’re lifting heavy. The beauty of the wrist wraps is that they act like extra tendons and ligaments when your wrist is bent backward. Most of the gloves on our list include wrist straps.
About customized comfort
The padding in the gloves will offer comfort and protection for your hands. But it’s important to find the right amount of padding for your personal preference. Extra padding can make lifting more comfortable, but if you have too much padding, it can be challenging to grip the bar. The key is to find just the right amount.
Our Review Process
When we compiled our list of the best weight lifting gloves this year, we started by taking a look at all of the top-selling gloves on the market today. We then researched professional and consumer reviews. And we compared the features and price of each pair of gloves. All seven of the gloves on our list this year meet our standards for superior quality, and all of them get excellent reviews. Our goal is to help you find the best weight lifting gloves to meet your individual fitness needs.
The Top 7 Best Weight Lifting Gloves
In no particular order here are our top seven picks for the best weight lifting gloves this year.
1. Fit Active Sports Ventilated Weight Lifting Gloves
- FULL PALM PROTECTION * No more torn hands and no more calluses. This premium weightlifting glove covers the entire palm and the thumb of your hand is also protected. Made of Silicon Printed Neoprene, a high quality material which is resistant to water, dangerous chemicals, oils, heat and aging making for a long last durable pair of workout gloves. LESS RIPS AND TARES, MORE PEPS AND PR'S
- BUILT-IN WRIST WRAPS * Experience these uniquely designed weight lifting wrist wraps that offers both men and women a superior training experience and superior wrist support with each and every work out. Excellent wrist support for performing Olympic lifts such as snatches, clean and jerks, front squats, and other lifts requiring wrist protection.
- EXTRA TIGHT GRIP * Discover the one of a kind palm design of Silicon Printed Neoprene for extra grip on the barbell, pull up bar, muscle up rings, kettle bells, and more! Triple your work load with no rips, tares, or calluses TODAY.
- COMFORT * The Wrist Wraps are tightened and loosened with Velcro, providing the user the ability to adjust to their personal comfort. The well thought out open hand design also provides for extreme comfort, giving your hands the ability to breath while doing intense workouts. LESS SWEAT and MORE VENTILATION equals NO BAD SMELLING Gloves, less washes, thus longer lasting crossfit gloves.
- Order Now * And If For Whatever Reason You Don't Absolutely Love Your Fit Active Sports Weightlifting Gloves . Just Return It, And We'll Refund Every Penny (Or Replace It, If There Is A Problem)
The Fit Active Sports weight lifting gloves will provide you with an extra tight grip. They also have just the right amount of padding. They don’t have so much padding that you can’t grip the pull-up bar, but they have enough to protect your hands and give you ultimate comfort. We also love that these gloves are well-ventilated. The back of the hand is completely open, so your hands will sweat less. These black gloves come in sizes XX-small, X-small, small, medium, large, and X-large. And they are ideal for both men and women.
Compared to the other best weight lifting gloves on our list, these are moderately priced. They also get killer professional and consumer reviews. Most people love these gloves. One of the best things about them is that the company will replace or fully refund if you don’t like them. One of the complaints about them is that the wrist straps don’t offer a lot of support.
2. Trideer Padded Weight Lifting Gloves
Trideer makes another contender for the best weight lifting gloves this year. These gloves provide full palm protection with plenty of padding. They also feature wrist straps that will improve your power and adjust the tightness of the gloves. The ultra-light microfiber material and breathable mesh on the back of the hand make these gloves super comfortable while also being functional.
To enhance the grip, these anti-skid gloves feature hexagonal silica gel. Another thing that we love about these gloves is that they have a pull buckle on the fingertip. So they are really easy to take off. Trideer stands by their gloves too. They come with a 30-day no-hassle return period, a 12-month warranty, and lifetime customer service.
The Trideer gloves come in a variety of color options including black and gold, black and silver, solid black, black and pink, and black and orange. And they come in sizes small, medium, large, X-large, and XX-large. They are suitable for both men and women. The Trideer gloves cost less than most of the other best weight lifting gloves on our list this year. They also get excellent professional and consumer reviews.
The majority of people love these gloves, with many of them commenting on how great the company’s customer service is. One of the complaints about them is that they can fit a bit too loose. The sizing chart is part of the problem. Some people needed to go down a size for the proper fit.
3. Skott 2019 EVO 2 Weightlifting Gloves
- PERFECT FIT: The Skott Evo 2 is Designed With the New Snug and Comfortable 3-Dimentional Unisex Fit System, to Make Sure That the Gloves Fit Both Men And Women.
- INTEGRATED WRIST WRAPS: These Unique Skott Evo 2 Gloves Features the Latest in Weightlifting Technology Including New Generation Industrial Strength Velcro and Fully Integrated Wrist Wraps for Maximum Support and Results.
- ANTI SLIP: The Gloves Also Have Gel Printed Palms to Prevent the Slippage and Injuries.
- DURABLE AND COMFORTABLE: The New Evo 2 Comes With Soft, Durable Gym Rated Materials for Ultimate Comfort and Extreme Durability.
- ULTRA PROTECTION: For Ultra Protection When Lifting Heavy These Gloves Features a Palm Backed with High Density Foam.
Next up on our list of the best weight lifting gloves this year is the Skott EVO 2. Skott has updated these gloves with a new snug and comfortable three-dimensional unisex fit system. So they are ideal for both men and women. These gloves also have integrated wrist straps that feature new generation industrial strength velcro for maximum support.
You’re sure to get an excellent grip with the anti-slip gel printed palms too. The high-density foam in the palm also gives you plenty of padding to protect your hands from rips and calluses. These gloves come in two different color options: black with silver or solid black. And they are available in five different sizes: small, medium, large, X-large, and XX-large.
Compared to the other best weight lifting gloves on our list, these are moderately priced. They also get pretty great professional and consumer reviews. The vast majority of people have great things to say about these gloves, especially the durability and excellent grip. One of the complaints about them is that they have a bad smell when you take them out of the package. Another complaint is that the padding on the gloves was too thick for some people when trying to grip a fat bar.
4. Ihuan 2020 Professional Weight Lifting Gloves
- ✅ Full Palm Protection: No more torn hands and no more calluses. The Ihuan Workout Gloves protect your hands fully. The wrist support can protect your arms from spraining. And the foam pad on the palm will buffer the impact of sports apparatus. Made of Silicon Printed Neoprene, a high-quality material which is resistant to water, dangerous chemicals, oils, heat and aging making for a long last durable pair of gloves. Fewer RIPS AND TARES, MORE PEPS AND PR'S.
- ✅ Easy Workout: The Ihuan Workout Gloves are more breathable. The back of hands are made of Ultralight Microfiber which is a light and breathable fabric. So the gloves will keep your hands dry and comfortable. The Ihuan workout gloves are suitable for women, men, adults and teenagers to Weight Lifting, Pull Up, Exercise, Fitness, Gym Training and General Workouts.
- ✅ Built-in Wrist Wraps: Experience these uniquely designed weightlifting wrist wraps that offers both men and women a superior training experience and superior wrist support with each and every work out. Excellent wrist support for performing cross training and Olympic lifts like snatches, clean and jerks, front squats, and other lifts requiring wrist protection.
- ✅ Comfort & Ventilated: The Wrist Wraps are tightened and loosened with Velcro, providing the user the ability to adjust to their personal comfort. The well thought hand back breathable mesh design also provides for extreme comfort, giving your hands the ability to breathe while doing intense workouts. LESS SWEAT and MORE VENTILATION equals NO BAD SMELLING Gloves, fewer washes, thus longer lasting gloves.
- ✅ Customer First, Service First: After purchasing these weighted gloves, 97% of the customers said that it is quite practical. After receiving our products or encountering any problems during use, such as size, quality, comfort, etc., you can contact us at any time, we will give you a satisfactory solution within 24 hours.
Ihuan makes another pair of the best weight lifting gloves this year. Like the others on our list, these offer full palm protection. The ihuan gloves feature silicon printed neoprene, which is a high-quality, durable material that is resistant to water and sweat. Ihuan made the back of the gloves with an ultralight microfiber that is super breathable. Another thing that we love about these gloves is that they have built-in wrist straps for extra support while you’re lifting.
One unique thing about the ihuan gloves is that they come with a lifetime money-back guarantee. If you’re not fully satisfied with these gloves, for any reason, ihuan will refund your money. That’s huge! Like the others that we’ve looked at so far, the ihuan gloves are suitable for both men and women. These gloves are only available in one color: black. You can get them in four different sizes: small, medium, large, and X-large.
Compared to the others on our list, these are moderately priced. They also get some outstanding professional and consumer reviews. Most people rave about these gloves. But some complained that they don’t have enough padding in the palms. Others love the minimal padding because it helps with getting a great grip on the bar.
5. Harbinger Pro Wristwrap Weightlifting Gloves
- Weightlifting gloves with integrated wrist wraps to stabilize wrist joints for support when lifting weights
- Genuine leather palm is cushioned with resilient open-cell foam and vented to minimize sweat; seams are double-stitched for durability
- 1/2 finger-length increases contact for better grip
- Wrap-around thumb protection covers the inside of the thumb with leather to protect against abrasion
- 90 day manufacturer's warranty; hand wash and air dry only
Harbinger makes our next contender for the best weight lifting gloves this year. The Harbinger Pro gloves feature genuine leather in the palms cushioned with resilient open-cell foam. The gloves are also vented to minimize hand sweat. The 1/2 finger length on these gloves increases your points of contact, giving you a better grip. And the wrist straps give you added support.
Another thing that we loved about these gloves is that they offer wrap-around thumb protection that covers the inside of your thumb with leather to prevent abrasions and calluses. The Harbinger gloves also come with a 90-day manufacturer’s warranty. These gloves come in just one color option: black. They are also available in five different sizes: small, medium, large, X-large, and XX-large. The Harbinger gloves are ideal for both men and women.
The Harbinger gloves are moderately priced, and like the other best weight lifting gloves on our list, they get pretty solid professional and consumer reviews. Most people were happy with these gloves. But some complained that they aren’t durable enough. Others complained that the gloves don’t have pull tabs. Another thing to note with these gloves is that they don’t have a ton of padding.
6. RIMSports Gym Gloves
- 2020 TOP VENTILATED WORKOUT GLOVES: RIMSports weight lifting gloves are the only Comfortable, lightweight, dry, breathable and washable gym gloves for men and women designed to withstand any challenge! Our lifting gloves for weightlifting, powerlifting and deadlifting are the workout gloves for women and men choose as crossfit gloves, weight gloves, training gloves, fitness gloves, and lifting gloves
- PERFECT FIT FOR ANY ROUTINE: Our Work out gloves are the only weight lifting gloves male and female use because they fit hands and workouts comfortably. Our washable gloves can be used as rowing gloves, cycling gloves, riding gloves, biking gloves, sailing gloves, kayaking gloves, pull up gloves, yoga gloves, motor cycling gloves, driving gloves and fishing gloves
- PREMIUM LEATHER CONSTRUCTION: RIMSports’ crossfit accessories are made from lycra, spandex, and real premium leather in the thumbs. This makes our workout gloves unique and the only weight training gloves trust to give them the support they need for heavy lifting at the gym for men
- THICK PADDING FOR INTENSE WORKOUTS: Our guantes para gym tiene superb padding, making them the ideal workout gloves for men, womens weightlifting gloves, wheelchair gloves and lift gloves! The padding of our weight lifting accessories make our gym gloves STAND OUT FROM THE REST. These are the only pull up gloves with leather padding for palm protection against calluses and blisters
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: RIMSports prides itself in the quality of our weight lifting gloves. However, if you’re unsatisfied with your gloves for any reason, just send us an email and we will provide you with a FREE replacement! We stand behind the quality of our work out gloves and know our exercise gloves men and women will love
RIMSports makes another of our favorite gloves this year, and they designed these especially for women. The RIMSports gloves feature 100 percent leather and spandex for long-lasting durability. RIMSports designed these gloves with no slip contact padding for a firmer grip. These gloves have a velcro closure, but they don’t have wrist straps.
One of the things that we love about these gloves is that they come in many different colors including black, blue, camo grey, grey, neon green, pink, purple, red, and turquoise. They are also available in five different sizes: X-small, small, medium, large, and X-large. Another thing to love about these gloves is that they are super versatile. You can use them for weight lifting, rowing, biking, Crossfit, and so much more.
The price of the RIMSports gloves is similar to the other best weight lifting gloves that we’ve looked at so far. And like the others, it gets killer professional and consumer reviews. The vast majority of women love these gloves, especially because they are so comfortable. The biggest complaint about them is people bought the wrong size, so the fit wasn’t right.
7. Grip Power Pads Elite Leather Gym Gloves
- 2 POWER LIFTING & BODYBUILDING ESSENTIALS IN ONE Gym gloves enhance your grip while the 2-inch wide, 25-inch Leather long wrist wraps provide stability and reduce your risk of injury. Why buy two pieces of workout gear when you can get the benefits of both with one comfortable, high quality leather glove?
- SO EASY TO TAKE OFF Unlike other lifting gloves, Grip Power Pads gloves are easy to remove and offer two different removal options. Either grip the loops on the 2nd and 4th fingers to pull or grip the tab on the side and the thumb, 3rd & 5th fingers to pull
- NO MORE CALLUSES AND BLISTERS! Blue two tone rubber padding adds extra insulation and enhances grip strength to improve safety and prevent abrasions, burns, calluses and blisters! You'll be able to give every rep your all with these gym gloves
- MADE FOR A PERFECT FIT Offered in Small, Medium, Large & Extra Large; Consult the sizing chart to find the right option for your hands!
- LOVE THEM OR GET YOUR MONEY BACK! Our workout gym gloves are handmade from luxury quality leather! We're so sure you’ll love them that we offer a 60-day money-back satisfaction guarantee on ever pair! In addition, there is a 1-year replacement warranty on each pair of our weight lifting gym gloves sold
Our final contender for the best weight lifting gloves this year is the Grip Power Pads Elite Leather Gym Gloves. If you’re serious about powerlifting, then you’re going to love these gloves. One of the cool things about them is that they are super easy to take off thanks to the pull loops and pull tab. Grip Power Pads makes these gloves by hand with luxury quality leather to prevent calluses and blisters.
They also have just enough two-tone rubber padding to give you a superior grip on the bar. These gloves come in three different color options, including black, blue, and yellow. And they come in X-small, small, medium, large, and X-large. These gloves are ideal for both men and women. Grip Power Pads stands by their gloves too. If you’re not fully satisfied in the first 60 days, you can get your money back.
The company also offers a one-year replacement warranty. The Grip Power Pads gloves are the most expensive on our list this year. But like the others, these get excellent professional and consumer reviews. The vast majority of people love these gloves, especially because they are of superior quality. Some people complained about the velcro on the wrist straps.
A Final Thought on the Best Weight Lifting Gloves
We highly recommend all seven of the gloves on our list this year. But if you twisted my arm and asked me for my top overall pick, I would have to say the Grip Power Pads Elite Leather Gym Gloves. They are more expensive than the others on our list, but they are also superior quality, and they feature high-quality soft, comfortable leather. My best advice to you is to take your new gloves to the gym immediately after you get them.
You will be able to tell after a couple of workouts if the gloves are right for you or not. If you’re not satisfied, send them back. All of the companies on our list have great return or refund policies. Now we want to hear from you! Let us know in the comments section below what you think of our list this year. And share with our readers if you have any great tips for newbies. Have a great day and happy lifting!